[IP] pump explanations, misconceptions

I recently had to deal with some misconceptions that my
significant other had been fed by her family.  They
informed her that my diabetes must be very serious and
that I must be really sick and have a lot of problems.
Of course, anything I said about my pump was incorrect
because her relatives work in the medical field
(phlebotomists).  Yeah... I was told I was wrong and they
were right.  All I could say was, "Who do you think knows
more, someone who does blood draws as ordered by a
physician, or someone who has the disease, and fought for
2 years to get a pump and does every bit of research they
can to avoid complications?"  It was a very bitter
argument, but I think I got my point across.  It's
frustrating that all of the work I did to get this thing,
so that I can take better care of myself, makes me look
like a 'bad' diabetic.  I'm still thankful everyday that
I have it.  The argument kind of put me into a slump
where I would look at it and hate it, but I know how
grateful I should be, and I am.  :)