Re: Subject: [IP] just received Pumping Insulin today -

In a message dated 6/26/00 7:19:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< he also told us that MDI was
 like "riding a bicycle" and using a pump was like "driving a sports car,"
 and that kids could ride bicycles and that it took a lot more sophistication
 to drive a sports car.  >>
   I'd also seen that analogy long ago, but had interpreted it as a reason TO
switch to a pump, as opposed to it being a reason NOT to pump. Guess I
completely missed the secondary proviso about the "sophistication" part &
just assumed that it meant Melissa would fare much better if she wasn't using
an outmoded means of "transportation" (the MDI bicycle) to deliver her
requisite insulin, as opposed to a much more efficient & sleeker method (the
pump sports car)!!

Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)