[IP] Sof-serter crutch

> He said that they will not have a "soft-serter" like-tool because
> it is a crutch and what happens when someone who only
> knows how to insert the set with the tool has to insert one without
> the tool.  i thought that was a rather silly excuse not to have the tool.

Well, I'm glad MiniMed offers the *crutch.* I inserted SofSets for a few
years without it and had a couple kinks in the cannula. Since I have used my
little ol' helper, I have not had one kink.  Reminds me of the *olden days
and when I used the glass u40 and u80 syringe (some will remember there was
even one syringe with red u40 and green u80 markings) and to get that 26
gauge steel needle to go in, had a B-D Busher automatic injector. Once that
button was pushed, there was no hesitation. The dr. didn't like that
*crutch* either, but it wasn't his little body that needle was going into!!
Hurray for technology and betterment of mankind/womankind/childkind.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)  webpage