Re: [IP] explain...

I just tell people like it is... in fact I let people see my pump.. a little
public education can go a long way.
I tell them this:
If they've ever been in the hospital or know anyone that has, I explain it's
like an IV catheter except it is just under my skin and the pump infuses
insulin constantly.. but I have to tell it what to do. most people are
fascinated with the technology and the fact I don't "take 4 shots a day"
anymore.. my son (aged 3 1/2) even knows what it does and calls it "PUMPY"..
I taught him in case I ever get ill while out with him.. at least he can say
Mommy's a diabetic and wears a pumpy.. just my .02..