RE: [IP] Thanks, Jim

JHughey [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I don't know what the above post is supposed to mean and/or
> imply, but I
> detect a tad of sarcasm. If I'm correct, I want to thank Jim
> for his input
> and knowledge as he works directly inside the Centers for
> Disease Control
> and has a bit more information than the rest of us
> *know-it-alls.* <sg>  If
> I'm incorrect, I want to thank Jim for his input and
> knowledge as he works
> directly inside the Centers for Disease Control and has a bit more
> information than the rest of us *know-it-alls.*
> Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C,
> 3/99)  webpage
> http://maxpages.com/bludasue

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Jan. That sort of defensive
(offensive?) statement is fairly typical of trolls when they get caught.

But let me add the disclaimer that the resources I have at hand are really
the same as anyone has, save for access to some journals on line and, of
course, the information services (AKA library) here at CDC and the
interlibrary agreements with local universities (Emory University,
University of Georgia, Georgia State, etc.).

My work involves laboratory medicine, and as such I *do* have access to
information about the testing we do, HbA1c, etc., that many people don't
have.  But little of it is specific to diabetes.  For the most part, I use
the same sources that are available to most of us on line and in the
bookstores.  I also have an excellent healthcare team at Kaiser Permanente
Georgia.

Finally, at no time do I speak for the Centers for Disease Control, the U.
S. Public Health Service, or any other agency of the United States
government in matters of diabetes.  All opinions that I have expressed have
been my own.

Jim Handsfield
Statistician
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States Public
Health Service or any other agency of the United States government.