[IP] Serious Request/Pumping Insulin

Sammy: What a wonderful comment you make.  I too do not read every digest but
just the ones that concern me.  However, I hate to think what I may have
missed by deleting mail with one title which may have included other valuable
I hope you all are enjoying your new "Pumping Insulin" book.  It has already
explained a lot of things to me that my CDE did not.  In fact, would it be an
insult to inform her about the book and maybe order one for her?  The authors
recommend that everyone considering the pump, read the book first.  Wish I
had.  Even though I have been on insulin for 35 yrs. and used "keep up," I
slacked off a lot when, for years, nothing changed.  Now with the DCCT
report, pumping, counting carbs etc. I have had to reeducate myself about DM.
 I love my pump and hope that it will be the standard of care for all.  Have
a great day. Jackie P