[IP] just received Pumping Insulin today -

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 email @ redacted wrote
Subject: [IP] just received Pumping Insulin today -

>the inclusion of "Dr. Stephen W. Ponder's anaology" on page 183: "Think about
>the pump like your family dog on a leash. Imagine bringing your dog on the
>leash along as you take a bath, eat out at restaurants, or when you play your
>championship soccer game. Imagine sleeping with your dog on a leash in your
>bed! Imagine taking the leashed dog to school, being around your friends, and
>taking him on a date with you. If you think you can do this for three days,
>you probably have an idea what it would be like to have an insulin pump
>connected to your body 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!"

I don't know.  I just showed my officemate this article and he said that most
people would notice a dog and most people are totally unaware of the pump.  I
think the problem is this was written 25 years ago when the back pack pump was
in vogue (anyone who has never seen the picture of the back-pack pump has no
right to kvetch about the size of the modern pump).

Seriously: if we survived 20 years ago without thinking of the pump as a 'dog
on a leash' I think we could still survive today.

I'm ready to name my pump fido and get him a bone.