[IP] Is there a Silhouette equivalent of a soft-serter?

> Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 06:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Will Chase <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Is there a silhouette equivolent of a soft-serter?

I am a new pumper and I have a minimed 508.  I was looking at the
included silhouette infusion set and I like how the disconnect is right
on the set itself instead of the 4 inches of tubing for the softset QR.
My only problem is that I can't find a device that injects the set for
you (yes i realize you have to have a 30 degree angle).  Are there any
devices that do that or is it required to insert it manually every 3
days? <

First of all, the angle of insertion should be 20 degrees, not 30.  In
other words, shallower.  It needs only be subcutaneous, not really deep.

Second, though the insertion needle may look daunting to you, it's
really not painful once you get over your initial fright - again,
because of the shallow angle of insertion.  You don't need an insertion
device, in my opinion.  Just find a spot, start the insertion, and keep
up the pressure until you're all the way there.

I've been using them for nearly two years.  I used to use the other type
of setup, with the Sof-Serter.  I find the Silhouette MUCH easier, and
I'd never go back.