Re: [IP] Re: forgetting to bolus

In a message dated 6/18/00 11:45:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Our biggest problem is getting Josh to consistently remember to bolus. >>

Kap was forever forgetting to bolus, but since school was out, he has taken
over his care, counting, bolusing and YES even doing his bgs test without
I feel like Kap was in an environment where he didnt fell he had the right to
test and bolus without the teacher questioning his decisions.  He doesnt like
to be questioned on his decisions when it is coming from anyone else except
me, his dad or the endo.  He trust no one - due to once a teacher told him to
bolus when he was low.  In his mind he thinks the teacher was trying to kill
him.  So from Kap a child's point of view he has his opinions.  Also, one big
thing happened, he lost 4 teeth during 1 week and was a total different child
afterwards.  He acts more mature in all things.
I forgot he hadnt lost all his baby teeth and I was quite shocked when 4 came
out in 1 week.  Did anyone else see a big difference in their child and
maturity rate after their eye teeth came out.  Kap has/is growing up.
Thanks for listening!
Darlene - Mom to Kap - age 9