Re: [IP] re: scar tissue

Yes, the scar tissue are places where you can no longer put needles.  It often
loooks pretty bad too.  But, I'm now in year 18 on a pump and he may be
overlooking that some of our scar tissue comes from things that have changed in
recent years: i.e. new insulins (velosulin made a huge difference for me when it
first came out), new sets -- the silouettes and sof sets don't cause the damage
that wearing those old needles did, more knowledge about when to change sets,
and tape/bandages that don't cause the problems the old ones did.  So, those
things have all improved.  However, yes, there is still some scar tissue over
time.  That's also true of shots but you put less in at a time and the needles
are smaller.   At the momet, that seems to be one of the hazards of diabetes.
Another one your cousein may know too is that the pump itself is nothing more
than a tool and can be misused or not used just as much as any kind of diabetic
control tool.  Most of us, pump or not, went through some period as kids of
being sick of the whole thing or not knowing how to cope.  The pump doesn't
address that although some people do find that the lack of restrictions makes it
less so.  With a pump, you always have to be thinking.

Just a guess,but that might be what he's thinking about.

Ruth