[IP] my reply to the uneducated next time

Hello all--
 Well, obviously we've all encountered this regardless
of our age. For me, my age plays perfectly into it. My
endo told me several months back when my a1c was
almost 12 that I was doing average, and lately since
I've been hanging with a1cs at 7.0, I've been doing
well, so I can only assume its fair to say above
average if 5 points higher is average for my age. So,
the appropriate reply is,"I'm doing great, my a1c is
in the range for people of any age, but my doc thinks
its superb especially considering my age." Or, as I
like to do, just smile and nod. That was why I didn't
fight back, normally I would've had a mouthful, but I
was tired and also know how these "old-fashioned"
people work. It's not worth my time or energy,
although you guys have some creative ideas! On a
postive note, I made a new friend the other day who
knew whta my pump was because her mom works as a
dietician with diabetics. That was a pleasant
surprise, she never once said I can't believe you're
eating that when I ate 3 cookies! So maybe there is
hope in a younger generation to grow up not so
uneducated. At least we'll be able to spot out the
ones not worth our time or energy!!!

Do You Yahoo!?