Re: [IP] frustration

I made the decision to get a pump late last Tuesday afternoon (06/20).  I called and left a message with my endo's secretary.  Within 30 minutes my endo call me back.  She congratulated me on my decision and we talked about it a little bit.  I ended up choosing to go with the Minimed 508 (I had been researching my alternatives).  She said that she would let the Minimed rep know and I should hear from him soon.  Literally not 5 minutes later, the Minimed rep called.  He took down my info and said they would be in touch as soon as they verified insurance coverage.  On Thursday, Minimed called and said my insurance company approved the pump.  They are Fedexing the pump and I should have it in my posession on Tuesday, just one week after deciding to get it!  I will still need to get trained on it.

Blake
Houston, TX
T1 30 years, about to start pumping