Re: [IP] deciding not to check

In a message dated 6/22/00 6:46:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Mostly it seemed at the time to be a measure of what I had eaten which was
 always "wrong".  I guess one difficult parenting challenge is to figure out
 motivates kids to feel like blood testing is something that works for them.
    One of the side benefits to pump therapy that I've often promoted is that
being able to calculate, adjust, etc. makes checking akin to doing your math
homework, having the answers immediately accessible in the back of the book &
being able to corroborate with a "uh huh..got that one right too".....As
opposed to our MDI scenario in which Melissa would take her shots, "think"
she'd eaten appropriately, only to check & be in the high 300s for no rhyme
or reason...Her meter, as Sharon likes to say was not "her friend" as it is
today, but rather her "warden" who determined if she could or couldn't be
"free" ( free to eat/ free to not eat. etc)/

Regards, Renee