Re: [IP] child didnt test

We had the same problem with Noah testing before lunch (30 minute
lunch period) and then not having enough time to go through the lunch
line and eat.  We suggested he leave class 5-10 minutes early to get
a head start.  He HATED that idea.  He felt it not only would make
him stand out but also allow him privileges the other students don't
have.  Our solution was to do a bag lunch every day.  He loves it.
Not only does it allow him to walk to lunch with his friends (like
everyone else) but I mark right on his bag the bolus he needs to do
(he knows how much to bolus for corrections on highs but before he
was able to it on his own, I had a card which listed bg ranges and
how much to bolus).  Makes his life sooooo much easier and, except
for the bg testing which friends are so used to and goes virtually
unnoticed at this point, he's happy and it works out great for me.  I
know exactly what he's eating and how many carbs and what he bolused.
It has also cut down on the Q & A drill when he gets home from
school.  I no longer have to ask what did you eat, how many carbs,
what did you bolus, etc.  I don't even have to ask what his bg was,
just check his meter.  Works great for us!

Cindy, mom to Noah, dx 6/96, pumper since 7/99