Re: [IP] deciding not to check

It's not only 12 year olds who feel funny about
checking BG's and the other aspects of diabetes in
public. When I was that age (24 years ago!) I had been
a diabetic for 2 years and felt that I didn't 'fit in'
so I think I saw my diabetes as a social stigma and
tried very hard to appear 'normal'.Try to remember
what peer pressure is like and how anyone that is
'different' stands out. It is sometimes very hard to
be self confident about somthing when you're the only
one dealing with it and those around you don't have a
real understanding.

Do You Yahoo!?