[IP] deciding not to check

Ok you guys,

Here's one for you. As I brag about my trooper of a son to friends about how
well he does with all his diabetic care, I just realized he is a true 12 1/2
yr old!!

Yesterday was the last day of school and we went to the office to pick up all
his diabetic gear. My husband asked him what his lunch number was after
school as we always do (which he responds with an awesome bg). He said he
forgot so Russ says just check your glucometer. At that point, Kevin says, I
might as well go to my room for the rest of my life.  The deal is....he was
never checking at lunch!!!  I couldn't believe it,,he's just not the type of
kid to do that. He told me later that he hated leaving class to go do it.  Oh
yes, he's still living, but barely...lol  My whole house was vacuumed, his
room was cleaned, the bathrooms were spotless and he finished up with the
dishes!!!  Of course, I never reveal to him that he's the typical 12 year old
boy, just let him live with the guilt for another day or two...lol

Told him next year he can carry his glucometer in his back pack!!!   Oh well,
that's what happens when you think you're children are

Thanks for listening, Linda