[IP] Karo: 'sweet' memories

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 email @ redacted wrote

> I guess you must be a baby boomer or pre baby boomer to remember Karo Syrup.
> I am sure Jan will recall. I have been watching the Pancake thread and can
> remember my mother stopping my insulin reactions with a large table spoon
> full of Karo. It may still be on the market.

Oh do you guys bring back 'sweet' memories.  I remember that in cammp NJDA
(New Jersey's diabetic camp) all the counselors and anyone else who had a job
there went around with a bottle of karo syrup noosed to their belts.  This was
the emergency shocky treatment for the camp!

My daughter recently baked something and needed karo syrup for it.  I remember
my reaction on seeing the bottle of it (ICH: that's stuff for shocky times).

First you feel shocky
Then you feel rocky
That's the way it goes with the sugar blues

(OK who can tell me the rest of the words to this camp song.  Someone here
must have a better memory than me (probably wiped out by karo)