Re: [IP] poo-poo on endo

On 21 Jun 00, at 17:12, Jef Lepine wrote:

> > I'm going to keep out of the venting part....

I'm not!  It just goes with the comment I make below.

> > Just a question about NPH - it seems that many people use it....  I had
> > (judgmentally) nothing but trouble with its peak and had much less
> > problems with UL.
> I was on NPH for 5 years. I didn't have nearly the problems many of you
> had because I was taking four shots of NPH/day. I inquired several times
> about UL, but my endo wasn't a big fan of UL. He stated it was a big
> harder to adjust than multiple shots of NPH. No doubt I'm doing better
> with a pump, but I didn't have horrible problems with NPH.

I was on NPH for 35 years and to me it became a devil to predict when
it was going to peak at times.  But for some reason it was just easier to
use...    FOR THE DOCTORS!!!!   I really don't mean to be so critical,
but from the perspective I had on it, it was the easy way for my doc to
deal with my diabetes.  Thank God I Survived!  Find a good Doctor!