Re: [IP] poo-poo on endo

"Sara M. G." wrote:

> Never tried UL, but NPH, while its peak is a bit
> sharper than I'd like, has been nowhere NEAR as bad as
> Regular was... Regular's peak would be anywhere between
> 45 minutes and 4 fours.
> Humalog good.  Humalog my friend.
> -Sara G. (Hugging her Humalog)

Think I just figured out why not many people have used L or UL.   I rember
the printed material (originally) saying that it "must not" be mixed with
R..... It later added "unless directed by a physician".  The main
difference between L and UL was the amount R mixed with the "delaying"
(zinc?) agent that was in the bottle.

I didn't worry about the mixture interaction cause I tended to use separate
syringes. (Guess I'm a bit odd - syringes don't bother me. At least when
they are mine...)

I can imagine a Dr. telling a new patient that they need to use 2 separate
syringes. (NPH does not have any mixing interaction with R)

Jim S.