RE: [IP] poo-poo on endo

Get a second opinion...definitely.  I was 15 when I started pumping. Right in the middle of high school with peer pressure and everything.  I survived just fine.  I think your endo needs to do some research and get up to date.  There are kids of all ages on the pump now!
-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Brandon Keck
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 12:55 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] poo-poo on endo

Hi everybody.  Just talked with Braden's endo. No pump with him.  He's too concerned about 'developmental' reasons.  He's been a great endo 'till now, but I'm mad as fire  He said how can the child run and play, what if kids make fun, he'll be attached to something, what if the pump comes out at school?      What about the health of my child???!!!!
I'm I doing the right thing??  I know down deep I am.  Just needing a little reassurance.  Braden is presently on humalog for all meals and I know getting rid of the  Nph will make a big difference.  Right??
Just needing to vent, thanks for listening.
Beth K.
mom to Braden, 3 dx'd @ 2