[IP] [Fwd: running a marathon]

Insulin-Pumpers list:

There is a mom on the Children with Diabetes website who has a husband
with diabetes that would like info on training for/running a marathon
(clip of her message below):

I know this list doesn't have a lot of adults that are diabetic on it,
but thought I'd ask anyway...  My husband is type 1 and has started
training for a marathon this fall.  He was wondering if anyone might
advice about books or maybe some sites that might be useful for him.  So

far he is only up to a 10 mile run.  When he does a long run, I drive to

meet him about half way to give him water and juice, if needed (he also
carries raisins that he eats along the way).

She didn't get much response at the CWD site, since it is mostly the
kids with diabetes.
I remember some people here talking about it and told her I would post
the message on this site.  Please e-mail her privately if you have any
input.  Her email address is:

email @ redacted

Thanks for your help.

Laurie, mom to Alexia (11) and Stephie (8, dx 8/98, pumping since 11/99)

-- BEGIN included message

I would appreciate that.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:13:59 -0700 James Stamas <email @ redacted>
>Not sure if you got any responses yet, but if you haven't, I could
>post your message on the insulin pumpers list.  I know there are a lot
>of Type I adults there and can
>remember some of them talking about running marathons.
>Laurie, mom to Alexia (11) and Stephie (8, dx 8/98, pumping since

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!

-- END included message