Re: [IP] Basal testing in young children

My daughter is 8, but is also a "grazer" and, as a result, basal testing can be
tough (especially during the day).  Our pump trainer gave us guidelines for four
"mini" fasts (8pm-midnight, midnight-6am, 6am-2pm, 2pm-8pm) that could be done on
different days versus trying to go all day without food.  The two during the day
are the hardest for Steph. : )  The guidelines our pump trainer gave us for
testing also noted that Steph could have "free foods" if she needed "something"
to eat (sugar free jello, celery, diet soda...stuff like that with no carbs).

Laurie, mom to Alexia (11) and Stephie (8, dx 8/98, pumping since 11/99)