[IP] Cough that won't go away

> Jan,
> My son, Kevin was put on Zestril two months ago and has a cough, which the
> said is a side effect.  Did you cough eventually go away or did you switch
> some other ACE inhibitor?  Our Ped. said to ask our endo about an Alpha 2
> blocker that would do the same job, minus the cough.
> Linda

I just could not tolerate Captopril.  That was quite a story to begin with.
I had been on Vasotec (ACE inhib. too) and my 1st nephrologist switched me
to Cap.  It took some sleuthing on my part to find out what was *doing* me
in! I'm now on Norvasc, Cozaar, and Cardura. Don't know if any of them are
ACEs or not.  My kidneys are functioning at about 23% now.
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)