Re: [IP] Soaking feet

My endo told me it was ok to soak my feet if the temp was 96 degrees F to
help the tough skin as well as using creams etc.  I also have some
neuropathy. In fact Physical Therapy soaked my ankles in a whirlpool but
the temp had to be 96 degrees.
If we are not able to soak our feet how can people with diabetes soak in a
hot tub??
I was told it was not healthy for people with diabetes to be in a hot tub
due to heart and vessels etc.
The warmth of the foot soaking and whirlpool (water is high enough to go to
ankles) helps the pain of the RA in my feet also.
I have had the filament test done also. It is a wonderful way to test for
neuropathy of the feet and it was used on my legs. Because of that test we
could find where the neuropathy is and now I use special shoes and inner
things specially made to go in my shoes. They are also trying to prevent
Charcot-Tooth which the x-rays showed was very close to happening.