[IP] Re:work and diabetes issue--please help!

Post made by Todd on Maureen's problem:

I would suggest that instead of suing, you 1) talk to the woman who
spread this information and 2) ask for her to make a correction
statement to the folks she spoke with (or give you an opportunity to
explain why you are leaving in a public meeting).
Since you are leaving anyway (you weren't fired), why bother to get
lawyers involved and have all that hassle? I would agree that it would
be good to get the misinformation corrected, but that's all. In my
thinking, life is too short to worry about suing everyone that acts
foolishly--and it only makes us get more upset, etc., etc.
Let it go (after meeting with the woman), and put your energies into
your new position. That's what I would suggest, anyway.

She stated in her original post why she was concerned about the situation.
She stated that because of the relatively small amount of women in her
career and the small amount of jobs available she may be penalized later
down the road by what someone may have been told or heard about her.

I do think she needs to try and set the record start with her boss and if
that doesn't work she should then contact a lawyer .  I would also have the
talk in the presence of someone else in case the lawyers do need to get
involved.  Then it's not a she said she said battle.