[IP] Re: Cough that won't go away

I am on avapro now, my doc got tired of wondering if
captopril was causing it.  I had 2 bronchoscopies(sp?) the
roughness was not caused by captopril.  I wish it was, but
my cough is caused by problems with my swallowing, causing
'stuff' to drip down by esophagus.

Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
- --

I too am on Avapro. Most medical peoplehave never heard of it even the
poison control center in NC.   I was switched after I started coughing after
a month on a regular ACE drug.  I have also been complaining to my dr/CDE
that I have a thyroid problem because of various symptoms I have (but my
thyroid levels always come back normal) and the fact that I've had a small
goiter for about 8 years.  On my Dr's appt on Friday, to make my case once
again about the thyroid, I told her that I often feel like I have a golf
ball in my throat and that I have to swallow many times sometimes to get
food down.   She has me scheduled for a Barium swallow on the 6th of July to
see if I have GERD.  I told her that I don't have heart burn!  She said that
if nothing shows on the swallow then she would try the Thyroid meds.  I'm
just glad that I don't have to pay for all this extra mumbo-jumbo to get
what I asked for in the first place. (I see a Military Dr.)