Re: [IP] Pumping question?

Kristin,

Jessica is 8, but can still be considered a "little one" as she is 46" tall
and weighs 45 pounds, about the size of a 5-6 year old.  She has no fat
anywhere on her body except her hiney so we use 6mm Rapids there.  We've
tried legs but she is too active and always ends up with alot of blood in
her line.  the butt sites work great for us though, and she has managed to
learn how to change her own site...she looks like a pretzel while doing it!
She amazes her counselors at camp this year with her knowledge of pumping
and carb counting (insert proud mama smile here)!

On another note, for those of you that were interested, Jessica actually
grew 2 inches in the past year!  We are going to have her growth hormone
rechecked when she gets back from camp in July, and another bone age scan
done, but maybe we won't have to go the route of growth hormone.  Even with
the pump it will be hard to control blood sugars if she has to do it.  We'll
wait and see what the endo says.  Sure is nice to have one Dr. that can take
care of both problems!!!

Nita
Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1.10 years & Jarred, 9