RE: [IP] Somewhat off Topic - Legal

Michael [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> write the collection ONE letter only. Simply state that the matter is
> in dispute and that you have been making regular monthly payments per
> the documents that were sent to you by the clinic. AND... that are
> are not to communicate with you on the matter again. Further state
> that because of the dispute that all questions should be refered to
> the clinic accounting department. Then, ignor any further calls or
> letters.

One slight correction: if the collection company contacts you again they
have committed a federal offense.  Report them to the Commerce Department (I
think) of the U. S. government, or if they used the mail, you can report
them to the postmaster of your nearest post office.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States Public
Health Service or any other agency of the United States government.