[IP] HMOs and Endos

> Subject: [IP] HMO's and best interests of patients
> The recent thread here presumes that HMO's act out of concern for their
> "customers", actually HMO's act only out of concern for making money.
	Make sure the PCP you see has no financial interest in the HMO.
Forget about the sanctity of your medical
> records. Doctors are too damn competitive they are afraid another doc will
> see 5 more patients a month. They don't stop to realize what they are
> giving up to make a couple more bucks. Just my $0.02 from my personal
> soap-box
> A Bender, M. D.
> email @ redacted<<<<
	Absolutely true!   An HMO exists only to make a profit.  While
Doctors also want to make a profit (those med school loans are tough) they,
hopefully, believe in the Hippocratic Oath and have a more altruistic soul
and will act in your best interests.  The HMO business never acts in your
best interest, only in their own.  I am so grateful that I am not in an HMO.
I hope they soon become extinct!
	Bonnie Richardson