[IP] Somewhat off Topic - Legal

It's on topic because I incurred the bills due to my diabetes off topic
because it's a legal question.

Basically I owe a clinic $3000.00 plus.  We agreed that I would be a
monthly amount which I have been diligently doing for over two years.  In
their documentation it states either payment in full or a monthly
fee.  Well now without notice they've sent me to a collection agency.  Do I
have a leg to stand on?  Any thoughts, suggestions, would be greatly
appreciated as well as $3000.00.  :-)