[IP] Re: Cough that won't go away

>> I have mild pharyngeal aphasia(sp?).  It turns out that
>> cough I've had (14 years) is caused by liquids being
>> pooled when I swallow, and eventually goes down the
>> tube, which causes roughness in my esophagus and hence
>> cough that does not go away.
>> Has anyone had this affliction, or similar ones.  Is
>> any type of treatment that might be effective?
>> Jack Granowski

> Jack,
> Have you recently been put on an ACE inhibitor? I was on
Captopril and had
> an awful cough that made me gag and cough up foam. I
lost 7# in 10 days, and
> even etc. That tiny little pill was what caused it and I
was quite
> distraught. I could only get down white bread and bacon
as a sandwich, and
> cream style corn. Just wondering if perhaps something
like this might be the
> culprit.
> Jan http://maxpages.com/bludasue

I went on captopril 7 years after my cough began.  There
was no difference before, during or after.  An ace
inhibitor was always the first question that I was asked.
I am on avapro now, my doc got tired of wondering if
captopril was causing it.  I had 2 bronchoscopies(sp?) the
roughness was not caused by captopril.  I wish it was, but
my cough is caused by problems with my swallowing, causing
'stuff' to drip down by esophagus.

Thanks, I should also have mentioned that I was checked
for just about everything that could cause a cough,
including: asthma, cancer, allergies (tested for 100's)
and just about everything else that could cause a cough,
until I got away from pulmonary and to ent's and speech
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Booze, broads and bullshit. If you got all that, what else
do you need?
 - Harry Caray