[IP] Re:work and diabetes issue-

Lindsey wrote:

>  boss used to lecture her during her lows.  This was 15 years ago
> and she is still pissed!

I had a boss at a girl's camp in MA FIRE me in 1988 cuz I took such "bad
care" (her words) of my diabetes...It was her OPINION that because I took
SEVERAL shots a day (as in MDI) and ate dessert, whereas HER daughter only
took one shot a day and never ate sweets, that I didn't know how to care for
myself, let alone the children I was charged with...Now granted, I did
probably eat more than I should have, but I was even testing my blood more
than a few times a week at this point!!!! She had just never heard of MDI and
thought I must be really screwed up...LOL

I hate to generalize....but people are stupid...

BE LOUD BE PROUD BE BUMPY

WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE AREN"T GONNA HIDE ANY LONGER!!!

Sara