[IP] Do DMers need primary care doctors?

For many years I have had a primary care physician and endo whom I see
regularly as well as a cardiologist, an ophthalmologist, a podiatrist, and a
dermatologist who check/treat me for diabetes related problems at least once
a year or more often if necessary.  In addition I see a gynacologist at least
once a year. I believe each of them play a very important role in keeping my
65 yo body up and running.  The primary physician has referred me to each of
these over a period of years.