Re: [IP] Re: Do DMers need primary care docs?

   To add more fuel to this growing "fire", I learned at the JDF lay review
sessions ( heard it directly from a ped nephro herself) that there were
approximately 60+ openings for ped endos across the country & only about 20
candidates. For ped nephros, the scenario was even more dire: about 30
openings and less than 10 candidates! I shudder to think of the future of
medicine when the best docs are leaving the profession in frustration.
Melissa's endo left to go to work for Pfizer, and our former internist left
to go into a healthcare administrative post. Where's Marcus Welby when we
need him?

Regards, Renee