[IP] Re: internists and NoDelivery alarms

On the subject of Primary Care Physicians:
I have been dragging my heals on getting a primary care doc since
my new endo was merely surprised, not insistant, when he learned
I considered him my "main" doctor. I define "main" by the fact that
anything that has ever effected my body, and most of what has
effected my mind, has shown up in my diabetes control, and
sometimes there first. But, it is also a fact that medical schools
are not teaching much in the way of general medicine except to
those hardy souls electing to become general internists, and my
new endo is in his mid-40s, and a researcher, so I don't know how
much he learned, let alone how much he remembers. But I resent
the whole requirement. I am used to being the ringleader of my
bodily care and I don't know how easily I will relinquish this role.

On the subject of "No Delivery" alarms:
I experience these sporadically, as well. Invariably they seem
related to kinking of the tubing, particularly a problem when seated,
and wearing tight jeans, or control-top pantyhose (and you know I'll
never give those up!). As with phone cords, I try to uncurl the tube
regularly, and try not to tuck it into tight spots.