Re: [IP] Re: basmati rice

> maybe I prepared it wrong.  basmati is just a dryer rice.
> to keep to IP threads...basmati rice ....lower than sticky rice on glycemic
> index and thus a bit better for BGS
Rice preparation the easy way.

1) put any amount of rice in a pan.
   note: some bulk rice must be rinsed first because it is packed with talc
2) cover with water to the depth of the rice.
   that is... there must be as much water on top of the rice
   as the rice is deep -- i.e. the water + rice = 2 x the rice alone

3) bring to a boil and boil until the rice meets the surface
   "little volcanoes" begin to form.

4) turn off heat, cover and wait 10 - 20 minutes depending on the
   consistency you like.

Perfect rice every time.