Re[IP] question about insulin sensitivity factor

<<Someone recently told me that you can't use the insulin
sensitivity factor calculations unless the bg's average in the
100-200's. I'm not sure if this person has misunderstood who told
her that or if I'm misunderstanding her relaying of it. >>

There is possibly some misunderstanding here. If BG is high and ketones are
also present, 10 to 20% more might be needed. This is usually individualized
per each physician and each particular patient situation.  (Please note that
I am NOT prescribing anything here.)  See also, "Pumping Insulin" for
sensitivity factor calculations and use.

Barbara B.