[IP] question about insulin sensitivity factor

Someone recently told me that you can't use the insulin
sensitivity factor calculations unless the bg's average in the
100-200's. I'm not sure if this person has misunderstood who told
her that or if I'm misunderstanding her relaying of it. It does
sound vaguely familiar but I can't find any specific reference to
it anywhere. Can anyone tell me more about this? I figured I
would come straight to the experts for the answer! Thanks in

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"God teaches the birds to make nests, yet the nests of all birds
are not alike." Duwamish proverb