[IP] new potatoes

> I asked someone in produce if they had new potatoes and he said
> he hadn't heard of new potatoes, but that they called the "younger"
> new. I was under the impression that new potatoes are a type of potato.
> Beth H.

I'm not a farmer, but I'll give my *best* explanation. The growing season
lasts only so long, but some foods last well in storage, like carrots,
apples, onions, and potatoes. So if you have some potatoes right now that
have been getting eyes on them, that's because they are from last year's
growing season. About now is when this year's growing-season's potatoes will
be coming available i.e. new potatoes. New potatoes aren't available all
year long because of the previous explanation. YGSMV  (Your growing season
may vary)
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)