Re: [IP] Re: traumatized by site change

   Adding my "2 cents" from the perspective of a pump mom who still vividly
recalls those initial months. Melissa's first site change ( at age 13) took
the 2 of us 45 minutes to negotiate!!! We were so unnerved by the whole
process.....Now she does it in less than a minute!
   Also, Melissa had 2 serious & 1 minor site infections within that first
year, which is NOT typical. Had we listened to well-intentioned medical
friends, she'd have stopped pumping. Instead we persevered, discovered she's
a carrier for staph aureus bacteria & that by following good hygiene when
doing site changes ( she cleans always with Hibiclens), she's not encountered
another infection in over 3 years of pumping since the last one.
   As always, keep repeating "perspective". Where you are today & the
difficulties you're facing as a new pumper, will only be pertinent
historically in the future! Hang in there!

Regards, Renee ( pump mom to 17 1/2 yr old Melissa)