[IP] traumatized by site change

I've been on the MM 507C for 5 days now.  I did two site changes (sofsets)
with the nurse and did fine.  My second site was a little tender around the
edges but I didn't think it was bad enough to mention.  I was scheduled to
do the next site change on my own tomorrow (Saturday).  I noticed the site
getting more sore, but wanted to tough it out till Saturday.  Then my blood
sugar hit 310 this afternoon and didn't respond to my correction bolus.  I
finally decided to change the site, but Everything went wrong and I went
through three infusion sets before I got it right.  There was tubing
everywhere and I was opening things with my teeth while trying to hold the
inserted set in!  I guess it didn't help that my first solo insertion was
under the pressure of a 310 bg.

The old site has this hard knot and is red a little warm.  So was that the
problem?  The insulin wasn't being absorbed?  And why does this happen?  Do
some people need to change sites more often than three days?  Is any
soreness immediate cause for a site change?

I've read posts about bad sites here on the list and wondered what that
meant - now I know!  I'm tempted to try the Sils after reading so many
positive things about them from you guys.  I had a lot of trouble loading
the sofserter - and being visually impaired I'm not sure it's the way to go
for me.

It took me a while to recover from the whole SNAFU, but my nerves and my
bg's are coming down now.

Thanks for being there!