Re: [IP] products for kids

In a message dated 6/15/00 6:13:41 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  What I
 want to know is which of the pump products are more comfortable for small
 children? He is about 65 lbs. and 7 years old.  What do you other parents of
 small children use?  I want to make this process as pleasant as possible for
 him.  Also, do you use emla cream when you change sites?
My son is 6 and about 58 pounds, the absolute best pump case for him is the
waist belt.  It is soft and can be adjusted to any size so you can make it
fit as loose or tight as you like, plus it velcroes closed.  The clip-on
works okay but the waist belt holds the pump firmly so if he is running or
jumping or walking for that matter, it doesn't bounce around.  We always use
emla when changing sites, it takes away the pain and his fear of that big
silhoette needle!