Re: [IP] start off with saline or not?

I pumped saline for a week before going real.  I was a bit lax with the
bolusing, sometimes not doing it until I was in the middle of my meal, and
I did take it off once for a couple hours.  But I feel the week of practice
was worth it.  I already knew how the pump worked, had watched the video
and had all the procedures in my head, but actually doing them was a
different story.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to change a site and a
cartridge once in the trainer's office, then once on my own, before doing
the real one with insulin.  I did mess up a couple things but it taught me
things and gave me a few questions to ask when I went back in the following
week to go live.  I did "place out" of the follow up carb counting classes
though :-)  I'd say do a short saline run, at least through a complete
set/cartridge change when it doesn't really count.  You'll be that much
more confident when you use the pump with insulin.  In the long run waiting
a few days longer shouldn't matter.