Re: [IP] solution for skyrocket in the morning

In a message dated 6/14/00 6:29:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< It's easy to determine your breakfast carbohydrate ratio, as
 follows: let's suppose that you have 30 carbos. What carbohydrate
 ratio are you using? 1:15? 1:5? 1:10? . etc., etc., etc. >>

Excellent lesson in how to determine ratios, but I have one variable to add

Try a fasting bg check and test before rising then every hour after until
noon.  I have a spike when rising, regardless of whether I eat something or
not.  I cover that spike with a bolus when I get up.  No adjusting of carb
ratio ever worked for me.

Just another YMMV thing.  Maybe a female thing???  Who knows.

Have a great day!