Re: [IP] start off with saline or not?

I personally found the week on saline to be very
useful for getting used to the site changes (which was
the most difficlut part for me so I was happy for the
practice). I found the bolusing on saline part strange
as I was taking injections at the same time. Since I
went 'Live' with Insulin I have not messed up with the
Bolusing once. I am speaking from my own, adult
perspective on this and everyone is different.

Peter
--- Sandi Pope <email @ redacted> wrote:
> after 8 months of waiting we are ready to 'hook up'
> our first child (is 11 y/o has had DM for 9 yrs)
> with
> the pump and was wondering if some veteran parents
> could offer some advice about using saline at first
> get used to site chages and bolusing.  We are being
> trained in our home with our pump rep (has been
> wearing a pump for 9 years) and are not staying in a
> hospital over night.  My inclanation is to go live
> and
> skip the saline, what are your thoughts?  Thanks.

> send a DONATION

=====
Peter