Re: [IP] re: school's out/ basal changes

> >    Anyhow, anyone can answer this--I did mix regular
> > in my pump a few days back (personally I've seen 0000
> > benefits, although my set has NOT hurt! but it is a
> > rapid not a micro). The pump bump I end uop with
> > should be interesting. As I see it, I cannot test
> > basals with R in my pump b/c that would screw up my
> > results, RIGHT?

Our experience has been that basals change very little when moving
from straight H to straight V. All that changes is the timing.
We can get around this temporarily by moving the time on the pump to
one hour later when switching from H to V and visa versa, thus
effectively starting the basal an hour earlier.

H -> V
9am -> 10am

This is only an approximation, but for "average" people should be
pretty good. It assumes that response to the insulin pretty much
matches the "curves" provided in the package insert. i.e. 2 hour peak
for H and 4 hour peak for R

> I was planning on mixing 1:15, and
> > then realized I suck at math...240U of H and 60U of
> > R..oops!:-)
Thats 4 parts H and 1 part R
the mix we use is
250 H and 50 V