Re: [IP] Of interest to parents of T1 kids...

Breastfeeding isn't going to keep or not keep a kid with genetic tendency to IDDM
from getting diabetes but it might delay some of the autoimmune problems that
cause the diabetes to develop when kids get viruses. The problem with this very
old discussion (my mother spent years on this one 20 years ago) is that it
assumes that breast milk is either a 100% effective or 100% ineffective
prevention and that diabetes is caused provoked by only one or two components.
My brother is doing genetic work in BioPhysics.  According to him there maybe as
many as 1000 factors involved just in the development of diabetes.  The add in
all the factors from breast milk.  Generally, breast milk is healthy.  It has
benefits.  It is not a foolproof screen to avert diabetes.

Sorry, but this one really gets to me since it makes so many people unhappy is
based on logical fallacy.

Ruth