Re: [IP] re: school's out/ basal changes

>    Anyhow, anyone can answer this--I did mix regular
> in my pump a few days back (personally I've seen 0000
> benefits, although my set has NOT hurt! but it is a
> rapid not a micro). The pump bump I end uop with
> should be interesting. As I see it, I cannot test
> basals with R in my pump b/c that would screw up my
> results, RIGHT? I was planning on mixing 1:15, and
> then realized I suck at math...240U of H and 60U of
> R..oops!:-)

Amy --

It sounds like too small a ratio to work.  Try 1 R to4, 5, 6, or if you are
really cautious 7 or 8 of H.  By the way, I get worse bumps from Regular
insulin than I do from Humalog.  I use Veloulin instead -- it is a buffered
version of Regular instended for pumping that came out years ago when many
people (particulary kids & teenagers I was told at the time -- I was 17)
were having trouble with site deterioration with Regular insulin.  Newer
Regular insulins are a little better than the old ones and some people
swear it has no effect, but for me and some other people, the difference
between velosulin and regular is pretty major.

Ruth