Re: [IP] silver ribbon

> LMRN92 wrote:
> >amen...time for us to strt a silver ribbon wearing campaign..
> yes it is silver...JDF or ADA or someone sent me one when i send in a
> postcard i got somewhere...how is THAT for a complete lack of information,
> but yes...silver is the color

There is a website out there somewhere (maybe linked from JDF or ADA) on the
ribbon campaignI found it about a year ago when I was looting the web for
all kinds of diabetes resources.  I can't remember if they call it "silver"
or "grey".  On the pins there is usually a spot of color where the ribbon
sort of folds over on itself...it can be clear (for tears or a drop of
insulin) or red (for a drop of blood), I think.  (My memory is a little
foggy on this...ask me again after coffee cup # 2.)

Anyway, at the time I corresponded with someone there about the campaign,
volunteered to be a ribbon-maker, went out & got the supplies to get
started...& fell into an ugly phase of "diabetic depression" during which I
sort of shut down as far as doing anything really productive went.  Shortly
thereafter I woke back up (thank you, Prozac) & got caught up in the
whirlwind of getting a pump (or two!), getting married, & changing jobs, all
within the space of less than a month.  Needless to say, a few intended
projects like the ribbons sort of "fell by the wayside" on the process!  Now
this reminder is timed very well...school's out, I have some time, &
somewhere downstairs I have a box of ribbon-building materials.  Thank you
for the nudge!!