[IP] protein/ fat and the joy of soy nuts

Thanks to those who sent in strategies for high fat & protein meals. Will try

Wanted to pass on something I tried to beat my urge to splurge on peanuts.
Now legumes are good, but I eat a large container in about a day. Saw in ADA
Forecast June 2000 issue (52 pg section "Eating healthy for new milleneum"
Cool stuff on nutrition).

Pg 65 compared peanuts to soy nuts. Said soynuts (toasted soybeans) are lower
in fat than peanuts so I tried them. They are good. Crunchy and a touch of
saltiness (can get without salt) that satisfies my craving. My family likes
them. surprised me. A little pricey - between 2-3 $ for a bag, but good news
is I enjoy them and can stop at 1 or 2 servings. So the bag lasts a little
longer. Plus get the benefit of soy protein which was reported as good in the

They also had a section devoted to soy on starting pg. 97. The ADA WEB pg is
diabetes.org but I only found a summary of the issue.

Beth H.
MMed 508 since Feb 2000